Solar CAD Detailing- Procedure
A typical set of inputs we need from the client includes:
- Hand sketch/Photograph of targeted roof along with the existing protuberances and shading
- Scaling factor of the above image
- Brand, model number and submittals of the panel to be used
- Rafter arrangement with spacing
- Locations of existing utility meter
Locate the building and obtain the image of the building using Google Earth.
- Place the panel on the roof plan with the identified slope by avoiding protuberances and shadows of objects.
- Show the attachments and mounts of the panel to the rafters.
- Plot the electrical connections to the panel with the cable to be used and the junction box.
- Plot the inter-connections to the support elements, inverter and solar power meter.
- Prepare a single line diagram of panel arrays with the associated electrical elements and appropriate cables.
Using the given template, we prepare a set of pdf sheets as deliverables embedding the following:
Site plan & vicinity map
- Google Earth 3D image of the building, panel location on roof, make, model and number of solar panels with dimensions
Roof plan & panel connection details
- Arrangement of rafters
- Panel support attachments
- Electrical connection between panels, with solar power meters & junction boxes
- Roof & panel area, roof & panel slope, roof & panel dimensions
Roof attachment details & electrical equipment location
- Elevation of the building showing the solar power & utility meters along with other protuberances that are present
Electrical line diagram
- Electrical single-line diagram depicting the connections between all electrical elements
- Specifications of panels, inverter, solar power meters, cables, panels
- NEC code of the state in which the building is located